The Greggs sausage roll is one of the nation’s most popular baked goods, and if you’d want to give it a go at home, here’s how.
Known for its wide variety of sweet and savory goods, Greggs has become a national institution. Many people in the UK are spending more time in the kitchen now that a second lockdown has been implemented.
Some people are already making their pastries at home, and social media is awash with photos of their delectable concoctions.
There are two recipes from Greggs, one for sausage rolls and one for sausage, bean, and cheese melt. These two simple Greggs Sausage roll recipes will have your home smelling like a bakery in no time.
A recipe for making your own Greggs sausage roll bun at home is provided below! Flava-Greggs It’s Style Sausage Rolls are the perfect way to spice up any meal.
More From Greggs
Greggs Employees can access the Greggs Employee Login easily. Just click the link given below and you will be able to see all the steps you need to follow to access the portal successfully. You can also read about the Greggs Employee Benefits as well.
- Puff Pastry in a Roll
- Meat from 350g of Pork Sausage (or cheap pork sausages with the skins removed)
- 1 Oven-Baked Egg (beaten)
- It contains one sachet of Garlic and the Herb Flava-it Seasoning.
Method 1 (How to Make Greggs Sausage Roll?)
- Set the temperature to 220 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Fahrenheit if using a fan oven) in a normal range.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet in half along its long axis. Apply beaten egg to the bottom of the long side of each half, up to 1cm from the bottom.
- Season the sausage meat with one packet of Flava-it Garlic & Herb seasoning to make it tastier (optional)
- The sausage meat mixture should be divided in half, placed in the center of each sheet of dough in a sausage form, and then brushed with beaten egg just along the long edge of each sheet. Pastry edges should be brought together and pressed into place on top of the filling. Continually add in the other ingredients as needed.
- Using a sharp knife, make three slashes across the top of each sausage roll, dividing it into four equal lengths. Another four sausage rolls may be made by repeating this process.
- Bake on a baking sheet in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- This isn’t the first time Greggs has released their Greggs sausage roll recipe for its sausage, bean, and cheese melt.
- The bakers encouraged their customers to build their GIY or Greggs It Yourself using a Facebook post.
- For those of us who can’t wait for a Greggs Baked Meatloaf to be delivered to our door, the company has provided instructions on making one yourself.
Greggs Sausage Roll Ingredients
You’ll need these Greggs Sausage Roll ingredients to prepare sausage, bean, and cheese melt:
- Icing On The Cak
- The yolk and white of an egg
- Using a pastry cutter, cut two pieces of pastry and brush the edges with an egg wash.
- Slice your sausages into bite-sized pieces and arrange them on top of the smashed beans on one of the pastry squares if you’d want it extra cheesy; top with more cheese.
- Use a fork to firmly press the edges of the second pastry square onto the first using a knife.
- Place the pastry in the oven for 20 minutes at 180C or until golden brown and piping hot. Egg wash everything.
- Official Website: www.greggs.co.uk
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/greggsofficial
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/greggs-plc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/greggsofficial/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/greggs_official/
That is all with the Greggs Sausage Roll Recipe. If you have any questions related to the topic discussed above, then make sure to share them with us via the comment section of the website below. We will make sure to get back to you as soon as we can with answers to your questions.